maandag, juli 07, 2003

Nog twee nachtjes slapen...

en dan wordt Eyetoy ook in België verkocht! Ik vond alvast een enthousiaste gebruiker op het Beyond3D-forum:

I picked this up on Saturday.

My in-laws came round on Sunday. I set up the Eye Toy after dinner.

After 5 mins my Mother-in-law was sold. She said, "We have to get this!" To her Husband. They don't even have a PS2!

Not something I dreamed she would ever say about a videogame.

We played for about 2 hrs. Great fun. Not for the hardcore amongst you, I was beaten on nearly every game by non-gamers. Even my pregnant wife managed to win the dancing game.

Another choice statement from Mother-in-law, "This will be great at Christmas."

Anyway, where I live Eye Toy fever seems to have hit. The girls behind the till were raving about the title when I went to pay. The Security Guard at another store was actually playing it whilst on duty.

I think this is going to be real big. It was genius to have everything driven by the camera, part of the appeal is not having to grapple with a Dual Shock. I see big things ahead for the Eye Toy. It will be Twister/Pong/Trivial Pursuits for this decade. I also like the playroom modes that allow you to just chill out with cool effects on your TV. The Bubbles effect is especially calming, I left it on for awhile just as ambient background to the room.